Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trusting in God's plan.

This past week, I've been thinking about Pastor Nathan's message last week. About how we have to let go of one hand, to grab on to another, and I got me thinking. How we all have to this at one point in our life. I realized that I have been hanging on to two hands, the church's, and God's. I have to let go of the one that I call my second home, Fusion Church, and have to grab on to God's hand, as he takes me on a new adventure, facing more difficult challenges, things that I'm going to be afraid of, but most importantly, getting whatever God has up there for me... done. I have to trust in myself that I'm strong enough for this. To tell you guys the truth, I don't think I'm ready for this. I'm still in training mode, not battle mode. Its going to be very, very hard for me to let go of something that makes me feel safe, and warm. But I have to be strong, and keep my head on straight so I don't get lost, and go backwards a million steps. Like I think I might, cause I really don't think I'm strong enough, and ready for this at all. One thing I do know, is that God will never give up on me. If that is one thing I have learned from Fusion, its that God will never leave me behind, or disown me, or get mad at me because I made a bad choice. We all make mistakes, and there is nothing that God will not forgive. Remember that, for as long as you live. Don't ever forget it. I had a false understanding of God before I came down here to Orlando, but I now know the true God, not the false God. I know I can call on him anytime if I need anything. No matter what I've done, no matter what I've said, he loves me for me and will never leave me. And I'll end this post with that.

xoxo Lizzie :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lizzie...
Wow girl! You do speak your mind and that is wonderful. Many your age keep it all inside and never get the answers they need to proceed.
You are leaving a church that you have loved and served in and has loved and served you and your family back, but like us when you (we) leave, we all are together as brothers and sisters in the Lord.
God's plan for you is already worked out and because you know the Lord, you don't go it alone.
I see you letting go of the Fusion Church family and taking the hand of another church family. There you will grow into the wonderful woman of God God envisioned when you were still in the womb. Don't let Satan steal this time away from you with fear. Celebrate that you are being called out to minister to a new school, a new neighborhood, a new church, a new ______. You fill in the blank! If no one else is there, know that I am. On FB or at nanasclubhouse.blogspot.com, come and chat and if you get or have a webcam we can skype from wherever in the world we are. Okay? And remember, if you keep close you can remain life long friends with Kati too.
See you on Sunday!