Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Take time to think about this...

Hey guys! :) Okay so if you attended our youth Sunday event on Sunday. Then you will know that we focused on prayer. Which is SO important. We watch a video on prayer by the Skit Guys. Now these guys are AWESOME!!!! But they make a very important point in each of their videos. The one that really jumped out at me was the one called " The way we pray" It is an amazing video very funny!! But everything they did is true. We always try to twist it into something else. When we pray we rush it, and ask for things that we don't need. Or when something bad happens and we call on God to fix it. And when things don't go our way, or someone else gets what we want.. we get mad and we think oh He doesn't care anymore blah blah blah. I admit to doing it! I still do! But I try me best not to do that. I try to remember that God always has a better plan. And then we have those times where you have no idea what to say so you just ramble. But sometimes God just wants us to sit in silence and listen. Stop talking and just hear Him out. Let Him do the talking for once. Sometimes God has something important to tell us but we never take the time to listen. So next time you don't know what to say. Just say God I'm here and ready to listen.

Lizzie {-;

No comments: